Monday, July 25, 2005

Another Reason to Smile

I have been keeping a secret for almost a month that has had me figuratively biting my tongue more than a few times. But now the word is out, so I can speak freely. I am going to be a grandma! My son Bobby and his lovely wife Christa are having a baby. We are excited. My friends that are grandmothers assure me that it is wonderful. We are thankful that we will be back in California when the baby comes and closer to them.

Babies are definitely worth smiling about, but the smile grows when you know God. I can entrust this developing child to Him, knowing He is good and He is in control. I can be thankful for how He has worked in the lives of my son and daughter-in-law. Their love for each other and for their Lord is so evident and encouraging. I am confident they will be good and godly parents, and that God will continue to work in their growing family. I am indeed smiling at the future!

No comments: