Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A New Buddy


This year my husband gave me a very unique birthday present, a new puppy! We have had a few dogs in the past, but the kind I have always wanted is a golden retriever. So here is my present; we call him Buddy.

Buddy is 8 weeks old today. He is adjusting well to his new home and new family. He does the usual puppy things--play friskily followed by plenty of napping. He has a stuffed bear he likes to wrestle with--sometimes I'm not sure who wins! He very much likes to be around people, so he will pretty much follow me wherever I go. Buddy is very friendly so he is aptly named; you give him any attention and he'll be your buddy.

I look forward to enjoying this birthday present for many years to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, Thanks for the updates on your blog and I'm glad you've got a new pal to play around with...even if it is a dog!

Anonymous said...

good to see you blogging again. these last couple of posts are especially enjoyable -- very friendly; candid; real.

the Rehrers said...

mrs. blakey - glad to see you have a new dog and have kept the tradition of "B" names in the family. he looks like a lot of fun.