Friday, June 27, 2008

Psalms: Shout it Out!

The Psalms exhort us to speak of God, exalting His excellencies, proclaiming His wonders for all to hear.

Psalm 9:1 I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders.

Psalm 35:28 And my tongue shall declare Thy righteousness and Thy praise all day long.

Psalm 71:15 My mouth shall tell of Thy righteousness, and of Thy salvation all day long.

Psalm 96:2-3 Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.

Psalm 145:6-7 And men shall speak of the power of Thine awesome acts; and I will tell of Thy greatness. They shall eagerly utter the memory of Thine abundant goodness, and shall shout joyfully of Thy righteousness.

Let's be faithful to eagerly proclaim God's greatness and the salvation that only He can give.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great verses, Roberta. I've been thinking about what you said the other day about how we can talk about so many things with each other, but struggle to talk about spiritual truths with one another. But what better words to flow from our mouths than those that draw attention and encourage us to think more upon our God!?! Thanks for the reminder!